15 February 2022

Product Review - Dermatory Pro Niacin Shot Brightening and Hyal Shot Moisture Ampoules

I picked these up on a great 1-for-1 deal in a local drugstore. These are neat little 20ml ampoules with simple formulations -and deserved an equally straightforward review!

Pictures to come in the next few days.

1. Dermatory Pro Niacin Shot Brightening ampoule: 

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Propanediol, Glycerin, Betaine, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Glutathione

2. Dermatory Pro Hyal Shot Moisture ampoule: 

Ingredients: Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glycereth-26, 1,2-Hexanediol, Sodium Hyaluronate

See? No-frills! There's a third collagen-focused firming ampoule available too.

The hyaluronic acid formula boasted a low molecular weight and a better ability to draw in moisture -which I can't quite attest to. 

I used this after a toner, almost like a serum -but with the Niacin one, I found myself being able to layer on other serums after. I skipped over additional serums with the Hyal shot ampoule, and went straight to a moisturizer.

Pros:

- Simple and to-the-point -either formulated to help with brightening, or moisturizing.

- Glass packaging with a simple dropper -often found one application from the dropper (around 3 drops) to be sufficient to cover my entire face and neck.

- The niacin formulation was a treat even under layers. I also thought it helped speed up the lightening of recent scarring.

Cons:

- 20ml didn't last long with twice-daily use -I cleaned out the last of the Niacin ampoule in a month and a half.

- Price point is approachable if you scoop this up on sale. Else -it can seem expensive for the amount of product and its formulation. There are other hyaluronic acid boosters you can layer into your skincare that are much, much more affordable.

Overall:

I enjoyed the Pro Niacin ampoule, which is now emptied out -the Hyal shot less so. I'd repurchase the Pro Niacin if I see it on sale because it plays so well with other serums, but would not rely on this as a standalone product.

No comments:

Post a Comment