6 May 2016

Product Swatch and First Impressions - Aritaum Jelly Tint - No. 1 Baby Ruby and No. 3 Bloody Sapphire



Won't dive into a full review of these Aritaum Jelly Tints that I picked up in an Aritaum store in Myeong-dong, Seoul. Would love to give them a proper run instead and look at how they wear over a day (tough test for these lip products, since I tend to find myself having to reapply or touch up on most lip products I try, including the Colourpop Ultra Matte ones, after each meal. Clearly I'm a very, very messy eater.), their longevity, etc. Product images and swatches after the cut!



Colours available for this line of jelly lip tints from Aritaum:
  • No. 1 Baby Ruby
  • No. 2 Topaz Coral
  • No. 3 Bloody Sapphire 

 Didn't spring for the second shade in the series as I wasn't a huge fan of how it looked swatched against my hand -I reasoned that it was something I wasn't likely to reach for on a regular basis.


Simple, no frills-packaging made of plastic. Admittedly, it looks a lot cheaper compared to Aritaum's other lip products, which tend to be encased in a classier black case with modern fonts. This looks like the product designer downloaded the Lobster font, slapped it on a jellybean vector, and rolled them out for production. Matters little against actual performance, though.


No 1. Baby Ruby is a bright, cool-toned red -it blends out into a fun, tomato red on skin. Bloody Sapphire leans cool-toned as well, and is almost fuchsia swatched. Both products were pigmented (pictures below are of a single swipe each) dried down fast, and stained the skin really quickly.



Top - freshly swatched, below, drying down. Based on first impressions: cheaply-priced, fun tints. Can be sheered out easily. Seemed to bleed slightly on skin when applied full-on, but this is probably a non-factor when applied to lips.

You can purchase the product online via Jolse, Qoo10.sg, TesterKorea, RoseRoseShop, among others, if you're keen on giving this a test drive. If you'd like me to do a full review (including lip swatches and a wear test0, leave a comment, and I'll see what I can put this through. If you have lip tints you love -do leave me a recommendation and I'll get to hunting it down! Y'know, for science. 

1 comment:

  1. I cannot find it anywhere these days . Do you know where I can possibly buy one?

    ReplyDelete