1 July 2015

Product Review - Innisfree Jeju Fermented Leaven Mask


I wanted to look into adding a gentle wash-off mask to my morning routine, and landed upon Innisfree as one of my options. I was undecided between this and the Red Ginseng mask, which I will probably try once I've used up my jar of the Jeju Fermented Leaven mask, if I'm not taken by the other wash-off masks available. 



Innisfree Jeju Fermented Leaven Mask (100 ml)

Innisfree describes this as a "rejuvenating youth ferment" mask, with "aspergillus ferment and green complex". The 100ml screw-top jar of the mask cost me S$20-odd dollars at a local Innisfree outlet, and came with a few samples.

I've used this for about 2 weeks and wanted to note some observations on the mask.

It's a relatively gentle mask -I did not have any adverse reactions to the ingredients. This did not sting, either, like some masks can. Would be quick to caution that people who have a sensitivity towards plant extracts should try to get in a spot test where possible before buying the product, due to the composition and heavy focus on plant-based ingredients in this mask.

The texture is a little lighter than most masks, and mildly gritty, which allows you to get a quick scrub in if you're so inclined. Innisfree describes this fine grit as a "powder". A thin layer is sufficient, and you can walk around without looking like you're trying out for a remake of the Swamp Thing. It's really easy to apply, and equally easy to wash off.

A positive is the amount of uses you can get out of your purchase, which makes the mask a really affordable way of supplementing your current skincare routine.

There was no spatula provided, so this was me scooping out a dollop in the morning while in the shower -something that can be inconvenient and unhygienic for most.


Ingredients

Water, butylene glycol, cellulose, glycerin, dimethicone, betaine, moroccan lava clay, alcohol, centella asiatica extract, fig fruit extract, ulmus davdiana root extract, amaranthus caudatus seed extract, honey extract, portulaca oleracea extract, pueraria thunbergiana root extract, licorice root extra, paeonia lactiflora root extract, cnidium officinale root extract, citrus unshu peel extract, orchid extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, camellia japonica leaf extract, opuntia coccinellifera fruit extract, soluble collagen, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hydrogenated lecithin, sodium hydraluronate, glycosyl, trehalose, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloyldimethyl taurate copolymer, squalane, hydrogenated starch hydrosylate, 12-hexanediol, aspergillus ferment, xanthan gum, carbomer, polysorbate 60, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl, acrylate crosspolymer, sodium hydroxide, ethylhexylglycerin, caramel,. propylene gycol, ceramide 3, acacia senegal gum, phenoxyethanol

How did I use this?

I applied this to freshly cleansed skin, and left it on for about 15 to 20 minutes. Where necessary, I focused on gentle exfoliation. I then washed it off with warm water.

Innisfree recommends using this 1-2 times per week, after cleansing and toning.

Verdict

After 2 weeks of use, I don't think there was a significant change in the condition of my skin. I think the product helped provide a boost in moisture levels, but not much otherwise. With that said, this might be an ideal mask for those looking for a really gentle option.

Would I repurchase this? Perhaps, if only for the psychological boost that comes with knowing you're feeding your skin. Otherwise -look for another wash-off mask with more visible results. 

I'll check back in and update this post once I've finished this jar, to round out my observations of the product. What are some of your favourite wash-off masks?

No comments:

Post a Comment